1 H1B applications picked in Lottery

ranjit.balu

Hi,

I have applied for H1b through 2 different consultancies and 2 applications got picked in the lottery.

Now, both applications are in RFE state.

I have following questions. If you are so kind, could you please let me know the correct solution:

1. Is it only 1 application will be approved and other will be rejected automatically or can both applications get approved as it is applied through different consultancies.

2. If both applications get approved, if I go stamping for one of the employer's h1b approved application, will the other approved application be get cancelled automatically?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

Balu

Of course both would get selected, since they were lumped together in the lottery.

Each one is approved or denied based on its own merits. If both are approved, both would be valid until one (or both) employer asks USCIS to revoke the petition.

Hi,

I have applied for H1b through 2 different consultancies and 2 applications got picked in the lottery.

Now, both applications are in RFE state.

I have following questions. If you are so kind, could you please let me know the correct solution:

1. Is it only 1 application will be approved and other will be rejected automatically or can both applications get approved as it is applied through different consultancies.

2. If both applications get approved, if I go stamping for one of the employer's h1b approved application, will the other approved application be get cancelled automatically?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

Balu

1) Both can get approved. They don't depend on each other.

2) Yes.

1. Both will be processed.

2. By law an employer has to revoke a H1B petition if you do not join them.

What were the RFEs about?

Thank you all for the reply.

RFE is general one where they asked some details from my company and few details from me.

I have completed my Btech and Mtech in Mechanical Stream and having 2 years of experience in IT industry. In RFE, they asked for some documents to support my skills related to the current job.

I have already submitted my previous company offer letter and service experience certificate. But that does not have my job duties.

Actually I am working on Software Testing for the past 2 years. However, I don't want to continue in that  and recently in the last six months I have completed .NET training from a training institute and applied for H1B as a .NET professional now.

I cannot get job duties certificate from my previous company because I have not worked on .NET earlier.

Can I just submit .NET certificate which has been given by the training institute. Is that sufficient.

Please guide me and Thanks for your help in advance.

Archived