Travel from Jamaica to India?

vamshi_007

From Kingston, you can only travel via London which needs a valid visa, but if u travel to Montegobay which is on western end of Jamaica which has a big airport with better connections via Amsterdam.

But remember one thing this route will have longer wait times so think twice before going through that route.

Better call a travel agents in New Kingston area where you go for stamping.

Why would you need Visa to visit India? If you want to come back to US, you would obviously need a Visa.

Hi Raja, thanks for replying. My question was in case if the stamping is rejected in Jamaica,then only option is to go India and we need a valid visa to travel through some countries.

HI,

I made this mistake before. I dont understand why people (or even myself when i did) go to a third country to get H1 stamping done. This is always a risky proposal. In most of the cases all your visa stamps are stamped cancelled even before the interview starts. So your transit options through Europe go out of the window. 

My honest advice is to please refrain from going to another country to apply for a visa. Going to Canada/ carribean or any other country apart from your home country does not increase your chances of visa approval. VO's are trained the same everywhere, A H1 is assumed to be a potential immigrant so VO's dont consider you to be a potential immigrant. All they are looking for is if you or your employer are not abusing or breaking H1 conditions.

As last piece of advice i would advice you to apply for a US visa in your home country. Worst case if you have to wait for something you can always wait at home.

Well 'Pingpong', that's a valid point. When majority of people are following something it is normal for other people to follow it because it makes them feel safe and comfortable. I guess H1 stamping in Jamaica is working the same way everyone wants to be safe and follow the crowd to keep their american dream going. 

Now there are many people who doesn't have so many Holidays to Visit India just for stamping, so for them Jamaica is an option as it doesn't require Visa for an Indian to visit, location is much closer to US geographically and it seems to be working in many cases.  

My question is if in a scenario when someone's Visa is denied, if they plan to leave to India and if that involves going though another country wouldn't they be eligible to apply for a transist Visa?

Well 'Pingpong', that's a valid point. When majority of people are following something it is normal for other people to follow it because it makes them feel safe and comfortable. I guess H1 stamping in Jamaica is working the same way everyone wants to be safe and follow the crowd to keep their american dream going. 

Now there are many people who doesn't have so many Holidays to Visit India just for stamping, so for them Jamaica is an option as it doesn't require Visa for an Indian to visit, location is much closer to US geographically and it seems to be working in many cases.  

My question is if in a scenario when someone's Visa is denied, if they plan to leave to India and if that involves going though another country wouldn't they be eligible to apply for a transist Visa?

That doesn't make any sense. When you have time to visit India, can't you spend one day for visa interview?

People who are not confident about themselves follow what others do.

VISA is never guaranteed, so its always better to have a back up plan if something goes wrong.

That doesn't make any sense. When you have time to visit India, can't you spend one day for visa interview?

People who are not confident about themselves follow what others do.

VISA is never guaranteed, so its always better to have a back up plan if something goes wrong.

My effort isn't to generate a contradictory view to your point, It is just an effort to understand how a flow can make an impact and that may not have so much to do with one's confidence (that is a different concept). I guess people who wants to 'play safe' would follow the crowd and that's what all these forums, network is all about, to share info, help people know what is risk and what is not & what works and what doesn't. Anyway, this info is really not necessary in here. I am probably just killing my time :) 

I agree with what you all think. If they have proper documents & if they are prepared well any consulate is good. 

Thanks all for your Inputs. In my case i am not getting a 2 weeks vacation with my client. so the only option is for me is to go a country that is geographically closer and that doesn't need a visa to visit.Please if you know answer to my question in this specific case.I have reasons why I am going to Jamaica and not India.If you know how to travel from Jamaica to India without a visa please help me :)

Archived