Confused about Question 10 in the Naturalization Eligibility Worksheet

sunny79

My husband and I got our green cards in June 2008. We have continuously lived in California since then, with very few international trips which were very short. We want to apply for citizenship now as we have lived here for more than five years. I thought our case will be pretty straightforward. However, as I was reviewing the Naturalization Eligibility Worksheet, quesiton 10 confused me.

One of the following has to be true in order for us to be eligible for Naturalization.

"

a) I am female  or

b) I am a male registered with the Selective Service or

c) I am a male who did not enter the United States under any status until after my 26th birthday

d) I am a male who was in the United States between the ages of 18 and 26 but who did not register with the Selective Service and I will send a "Status Information Letter" from the Selective Service explaining why I did not register with my application

e) I am a male who was in the United States between the ages of 18 and 26 as a lawful nonimmigrant

"

(a) applies to me, so my case is straightforward. A, B, C, D does not apply to my husband. My question is with E - my husband was a lawful non-immigrant when he entered the US on an F1 visa at the age of 21 and then got a H1 visa. But he also started the labor certification process for the green card when he was 24 or 25 years old. Based on this, can he be considered a lawful nonimmigrant?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived