Amendment required for change of client even with valid H1B stamping?

laki1206

Friends,

Need a help.

I am a individual contractor. I got my stamping done when i was working with previous client.

I have my Labor filed at the new client location.

Now the question is, am i also required to go for amendment because i changed the client.

Asking this question because i am planning for a visit to india and want to make sure that everything is ok on my side.

Appreciate your response 

Ideally - When ever you change the client location , you have to file an H1B amendment. 

H1B amendment process is same as applying new H1B . Also it takes about the same processing time.

You can choose premium processing if you need it asap. For that you need to pay extra Premium Processing charges. 

Friends,

Need a help.

I am a individual contractor. I got my stamping done when i was working with previous client.

I have my Labor filed at the new client location.

Now the question is, am i also required to go for amendment because i changed the client.

Asking this question because i am planning for a visit to india and want to make sure that everything is ok on my side.

Appreciate your response 

Hmm, you are NOT an "individual contractor". That's not possible on H1.

On H1, a person is ALWAYS an employee of some company. The company may send the person to some client site, but the person still is NOT a contractor.

Also, you haven't file an LC. Your employer has.

Your employer also needs to take care of H1 amendments.

Archived