Regarding renewal of expired EAD /AP & returning to US on different visa category

yogeshda

Regarding Renewal of expired EAD/AP & returning to US on different Visa Category

I140 :: is Approved on April 9, 2007 (H1B)

I-485 :: is pending since October 9, 2007 (H1B)

EB3 Category, Labor filing date March 20, 2005 (H1B)

I was on EAD & AP before returning to India in November 2010.

My AP & EAD has been expired since Yr. 2012.

I came to USA on different visa cateogy L1A on May 6, 2014 through a different Employer.

Question:

Even though my EAD & AP has been expired for more than 2 years & now I am back in USA on different visa Category (L1A), can myself & my wife still re-apply for EAD based on my already Approved I-140 & pending I-485 case & earlier expired EAD?

Thank you.

• 11 months later...

Dear Yogesh da,

I have a similar situation as yours. Just wanted to check if you had found the solution for your situation. It would be of great help if you can guide me on the same.

My I-140, I-485 application date and labor dates are almost close to yours. Received my EAD card in 2007 and expired in 2008 July. I was on H1B then and never used the EAD card. 

Now, I have a B1/B2 visa to travel and currently in India for the last 6 years. I am planning to move back to US to work there.

Can you please share if you had applied for EAD renewal and what happened with your I-485. 

Thanks in advance. 

Archived