Is Goldey-Beacom College a safe option?

Babu0078

Hi,

I'm planning to go for 2nd masters. GBC is an accrediated college. Moreover they offer Full Time CPT from 1st semester. Is it a good college? Is it safe to go for Full Time CPT?

One attorney that I know says that CPT approved by DSO is safe, doesn't have any impact on next H1B approval. Is this correct?

Appreciate your guidance.

Thanks

Hi,

I'm planning to go for 2nd masters. GBC is an accrediated college. Moreover they offer Full Time CPT from 1st semester. Is it a good college? Is it safe to go for Full Time CPT?

One attorney that I know says that CPT approved by DSO is safe, doesn't have any impact on next H1B approval. Is this correct?

Appreciate your guidance.

Thanks

Doesn't matter whether its' good or bad college.

CPT from first semester is  a red flag. If you want H1 then forget CPT, if not forget H1. Choice is yours.

• 3 months later...

Babu ,

I am from GBC. GBC is just a platform. It doesnt screw your career as many quote here.as per CIFR , USCIS regulations indicate that the CPT has to be a mandatory one.  However, GBC's CPT is OPTIONAL as per their policies.. 

Now when they admit you as a student allowing you to be on CPT from day 1, its just a platform to  stay afloat until you apply for your H1B the subsequent year.

When you do so, you are bound to get a RFE (request for evidence) asking credentials for h1B.

Before you read below, 

H1B is made of two parts. Part 1 : H1B work visa . Part 2 : Change of status from F1 to H1B ...

When you respond to USCIS's RFE, they clear the part 1 of your petition. That is H1B is granted but your change of status is denied. meaning, you gotta leave the country immediately for stamping; which u would do in any case. 

Go to India, get it stamped ! and then return with a new i-94.

Hope this helps.

This is not a legal advise and I am not an attorney. But I know this is what happened to my seniors. This is what happened to my friends. This is what happened to me. I all I know have got their visas stamped , easily.

- Subbby

Babu ,

I am from GBC. GBC is just a platform. It doesnt screw your career as many quote here.as per CIFR , USCIS regulations indicate that the CPT has to be a mandatory one.  However, GBC's CPT is OPTIONAL as per their policies.. .

And that's why that institution is a fraud.AAbuse of CPT WILL kill the career in the US.

Stay away from any institution that offers CPT from day one. THey are ALL shady, and frauds.

This is not a legal advise and I am not an attorney. But I know this is what happened to my seniors. This is what happened to my friends. This is what happened to me. I all I know have got their visas stamped , easily.

Of course you will get your visa, in fact there are 100's of applicants who got visas even though they have abused the system.

But remember one-thing, it will be on your record and will bite you one day very badly. USCIS can revoke the approved H1 when they see any red flags on your immigration record.

Archived