Two 3-yr Bachelor degree for EB2 case : Please HELP

pvk_123

Hi,

My PERM got approved last month. Now my employer applied I-140 today. My case is EB2 case. But I got one question in my mind.

I have two 3-yr Bachelor degree. First I did 3 yr BS in Computer Science (from University of Calcutta). Then I did 3 yr BTech in Computer Science and Engineering (from University of Calcutta) from the same university. Can these 2 Bachelor degree qualify for EB2? Because I saw on internet that many cases got denied in EB2 as the candidate has 3 yr Bachelor degree. Because in US Bachelor degrees are 4 yr. Is my 3+3=6 yr education equivalent to 4 yr US Bachelor degree?

What is the chance my I-140 gets approval?

Thanks,

pvk_123

Hi,

My PERM got approved last month. Now my employer applied I-140 today. My case is EB2 case. But I got one question in my mind.

I have two 3-yr Bachelor degree. First I did 3 yr BS in Computer Science (from University of Calcutta). Then I did 3 yr BTech in Computer Science and Engineering (from University of Calcutta) from the same university. Can these 2 Bachelor degree qualify for EB2? Because I saw on internet that many cases got denied in EB2 as the candidate has 3 yr Bachelor degree. Because in US Bachelor degrees are 4 yr. Is my 3+3=6 yr education equivalent to 4 yr US Bachelor degree?

What is the chance my I-140 gets approval?

Thanks,

pvk_123

You should have master's degree for EB2. Not bachelor's.

Thanks for quick reply.

I've 9 yr of experience and the job description also mentioned that the candidate may have bachelor degree. Following is the job description. Now please help me to understand whether I'm eligible for EB2 or not?-

Job Description:

Analyze business and other data processing problems to implement and/ or improve software systems for assigned projects. Duties may include: expand or modify system to meet technical and business specifications; test, maintain, and monitor programs/ systems; support the installation/implementation of computer programs and systems; contribute to the development of documents; contribute to enhancement of system design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards; support the creation of solutions to system challenges, such as malfunctions and system/ program problems; contribute to the review and analysis performance indicators to ascertain, develop, and implement improvements/ solutions; coordinate and link systems to implement solutions across an organization. May oversee/guide/mentor other professionals (depending on project or level of responsibility, may supervise 0-25 IT professionals). To perf duties, must have experience with one of the following technologies: .NET, Java, Network Development or Network Administration, Data Warehousing, Software Testing, SAP, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software applications, and/or Mainframe Development. May survey and observe users or perform the job to determine what information is processed and how it is processed. May support multiple projects of varied complexities. Engage in substantial long-term and/or short-term travel and/or relocation to unanticipated client locations throughout the U.S. to join established, operating onsite project teams with close, frequent supervision by a manager. Multiple full time positions available/levels of responsibility available. Reqs: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Sciences, Engineering, Math or Business plus 60 months of experience in the job offered. Job duties require substantial long-term and/or short-term travel and/or relocation to unanticipated client locations throughout the U.S. for position based/reporting to College Station, TX. Certain travel and/or relocation expenses, and/or possible location-based pay, depending on assignment, paid by employer. Must have experience with one of the following technologies: .NET, Java, Network Development or Network Administration, Data Warehousing, Software Testing, SAP, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software applications, and/or Mainframe Development. Multiple fulltime positions/levels of responsibility available. Position located in College Station, TX.

That will never be EB2. For EB2, the job has to require an Advanced degree *i.e., Masters or higher), and you need to have that advanced degree.

Plain BS + 5 as standalone is EB2 as well, so above comment is absolutely dead wrong. I love the fact that only half truth information is shared in this forum.

Though, OP doesn't have 4yr bachelor, it's going to be EB3 for sure unless some agency evaluates 3yr degree as 4yr, but it's very rare and tough.

Plain BS + 5 as standalone is EB2 as well, so above comment is absolutely dead wrong. I love the fact that only half truth information is shared in this forum.

Though, OP doesn't have 4yr bachelor, it's going to be EB3 for sure unless some agency evaluates 3yr degree as 4yr, but it's very rare and tough.

Ahh, another one who tries to fight instead of hinking.

BS+5 won't work with a 3-year BS.

So, my statement that this never would be EB2 is correct.

Thanks for quick reply.

I've 9 yr of experience and the job description also mentioned that the candidate may have bachelor degree. Following is the job description. Now please help me to understand whether I'm eligible for EB2 or not?-

You would need a 4-year bachelor degree + 5 years progressive experience for that.

Ahh, another one who tries to fight instead of hinking.

BS+5 won't work with a 3-year BS.

So, my statement that this never would be EB2 is correct.

It's only half correct. Somehow it's a trend here with providing misleading information which frankly is disappointing.

Unfortunately nobody values half opinions here. It's not a rookie camp. Amateurs are plenty to be found here with half knowledge. So move on and educate yourself.

OP,  I   guess you did your B-Tech  from Rajabazar Science College where   the entry requirement is a BS  .  Essentially you have to complete a 3 year BS  and then go for this B-Tech.   It is somewhat similar to lateral entry to a 4 year Bachelors .    I have seen some people from Science College getting a GC under EB-2    but things keep changing.    Consult an attorney to confirm the possibilities.  

It's only half correct. Somehow it's a trend here with providing misleading information which frankly is disappointing.

Unfortunately nobody values half opinions here. It's not a rookie camp. Amateurs are plenty to be found here with half knowledge. So move on and educate yourself.

My post was correct. Period.

It is sad that there are some people like you who think they have to fight instead of being a useful member of this forum.

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply.

Now my present situation is that, my employer has applied PERM in EB2 and it got approved. Now they've applied I-140. As per your reply I'll not be eligible for EB2. So, what will be my case condition? If my I-140 gets denial then what will happen to me? Will they downgrade it to EB3 automatically? Or shall I have to return back to my home country? Please help. It is very critical for me. My 6 yr will end in Nov 28, 2014.

Thanks in advance.

You should have master's degree for EB2. Not bachelor's.

Not true.  Looks like you are relying on the incorrect posts by some senior members .    EB2  is possible with a Bachelors as well (+ 5 years progressive experience).   It need to be a 4 year Bachelor though.

Hi All,

Thanks for your reply.

Now my present situation is that, my employer has applied PERM in EB2 and it got approved. Now they've applied I-140. As per your reply I'll not be eligible for EB2. So, what will be my case condition? If my I-140 gets denial then what will happen to me? Will they downgrade it to EB3 automatically? Or shall I have to return back to my home country? Please help. It is very critical for me. My 6 yr will end in Nov 28, 2014.

Thanks in advance.

AFAIK, PERM doesn't decide the category. Just get your I140 approval before H1 expires later on you can think about EB2 or EB3.

Not true.  Looks like you are relying on the incorrect posts by some senior members .    EB2  is possible with a Bachelors as well (+ 5 years progressive experience).   It need to be a 4 year Bachelor though.

And another one who is more interested in fighting than in actually reading posts.

The OP doesn't have a 4-year bachelor degree, so your comment is completely irrelevant here.

And another one who is more interested in fighting than in actually reading posts.

The OP doesn't have a 4-year bachelor degree, so your comment is completely irrelevant here.

Both the below blanket statements are incorrect.  .  Better luck next time ....

"You should have master's degree for EB2. Not bachelor's."

"For EB2, the job has to require an Advanced degree *i.e., Masters or higher), "

Hi chakrakr,

Yes, I did my BTech from Rajabazar Science College. Do you know anybody recently got I-140 approved in Eb2 from the same institution? Is there any way we can communicate?

Thanks.

I do not know anyone who got it recently .   All the people I know  got their GC quite sometime back .    I would suggest you consult an Attorney .   You might need documentation from college supporting how the course is comparable to a 4 year B-Tech in India and what are the admission requirements.    Yours is a specialized case and need an attorney ... not a forum.    Science College is one of the very few institutions which operate on this model .... 

I do not know anyone who got it recently .   All the people I know  got their GC quite sometime back .    I would suggest you consult an Attorney .   You might need documentation from college supporting how the course is comparable to a 4 year B-Tech in India and what are the admission requirements.    Yours is a specialized case and need an attorney ... not a forum.    Science College is one of the very few institutions which operate on this model .... 

Documentation from the college is irrelevant.

There are evaluation agencies in the US. That's the only thing that would matter.

I would expect a know-it-all like you to know that...

But you apparently only "know" stuff about vacation time...

There are evaluation agencies in the US. That's the only thing that would matter.

Does WARN ring a bell,  sir ?  Or may be FAFSA ? 

The evaluation agencies need documentation from colleges in unique cases like OP .  

Does WARN ring a bell,  sir ?  Or may be FAFSA ? 

The evaluation agencies need documentation from colleges in unique cases like OP .  

I know way more about that than you.

You really need to stop trying to fight with people, and provide real information here.

I do not "know it all"   but I at least know that a statement like "For EB2, the job has to require an Advanced degree *i.e., Masters or higher)"    is half-truth   :)  

Archived