Out of Status: SEVIS Terminated.

flutist

Hello,

I enrolled in a university in California in Fall 2013.

Since I was new to the country, I wasted too much time visiting new places and didn't focus on studies. So at the end of the semester, I got "unauthorised withdrawal" grade in one of teh subjects.

Since this subject was technically "dropped" I wasn't notified of violation of status.

I was under the impression that as long as I am paying my fees and not dropping classes myself, I am in valid F1 status

I was wrong.

Comes in Spring 2014. After the semester was over I applied for travel signature on my I20.

That is when I received an email from DSO saying, I have violated my F1 status and my SEVIS is terminated.

I met him immediately. As per his instructions, since I couldn't apply for reinstatement due to lack of money and I had reserved plane ticket to India, I didn't apply for reinstatement.

I left the USA on May 20 2014.

I requested for another I20 and the university declined it due to I received WU on 2 subjects again in Spring.

Now the questions I have are.

Have I over stayed? I left immediately after I was notified of my violation.

Can I reapply for the same school? or can I apply for another school?

If I get a new admit to the same school or another school, what kind of issues I might have to face at the port of entry since I was in the USA in the past.

PS: I wasn't involved in any unauthorized work or employment.

Archived