NORI form MHRD?

kreddy2k

Hi,

I am doing my research as a J1 research scholar. I applied for NORI to all the three departments in India. I got my NORI from Passport office(Bangalore) and Home ministry (Karnataka). I am waiting for the last NORI from MHRD.

When i called them to inquire about my NORI status they told me that they have sent it to Human ministry of welfare.( as i a medical professional). But i am doing my research on J1 Reaserch scholar and Human ministry has stopped giving NORI i really don't know why they did that. I have sent all the proof that I am doing research and not residency.

I have a good chance of getting H1B for my residency next year.

I am so confused as what to do next.

Can I take two NORI to Chicago consulate and explain them my situation.

Is there anyone with my situation.

Please help me out.

Kreddy2k.

Hi,

I am doing my research as a J1 research scholar. I applied for NORI to all the three departments in India. I got my NORI from Passport office(Bangalore) and Home ministry (Karnataka). I am waiting for the last NORI from MHRD.

When i called them to inquire about my NORI status they told me that they have sent it to Human ministry of welfare.( as i a medical professional). But i am doing my research on J1 Reaserch scholar and Human ministry has stopped giving NORI i really don't know why they did that. I have sent all the proof that I am doing research and not residency.

I have a good chance of getting H1B for my residency next year.

I am so confused as what to do next.

Can I take two NORI to Chicago consulate and explain them my situation.

Is there anyone with my situation.

Please help me out.

Kreddy2k.

I think your background education also matters for obtaining a J1 waiver. Consult an attorney.

• 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived