I485 RFE : Medical EXAM for dependents who is abroad.

varsh1

Hello team,

I'm an Indian citizan, currently in H1b visa and I have applied for Green Card via EB2 (PD : 4/15/2009) for me, my wife and daughter. I have got EAD and maintain my H1b Status still.  Last week we (all 3 of us) received an RFE on our I485 to do the medical exam again since the earlier provided medical test was valid for 1 year. 

I have some questions regarding this and I would like to have some advise on the same. 

Currently I'm in US and I can do the medical exam here itself.  However, my wife and daughter are in India and they won't be back to US for sometime. I would like to know what's the way to get the medical exam for them?  

- Do they need to be presented in US to do the medical Exam?  

- Or can the medical exam be done out of US too?  USCIS has approved doctors out of US for applying visas, however would that work for I485 RFE ? (http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-processes-and-procedures/immigration-medical-examinations/finding-medical-doctor)

- Can I respond my RFE first and then respond for my dependents? (It should be within 84 days though).

Thank you.

Hi Joe, 

Thanks for your response.  

1) They will be back to US for atleast another 6+ months.  So, there's no option at all for my wife and daughter's medical exam, is it?   Can I delay the RFE for some more time due to this fact?

2) Also, Can I go ahead and respond to my RFE only first...and then my wife & daughter's case later...?

Thanks again and appreciate your help on this.

Archived