Visitor Visa for my mother-in-law

contactganesh

I have some clarifications with regards to immigration. I recently (3 weeks back) moved to Bay Area, US on a L1 from India. Now there is a need for my mother in law who is back in India to travel to US next month. Since I just came here, I am not sure if I will be in a position to sponsor her tourist visa. My brother is a Green card holder and lives in Bay area. We are thinking if he can sponsor my mother in law’s tourist visa (B2). In regards to this can you clarify the below

1. Can you let me know if I can sponsor my mother-in-law's B2 ?
  2. Can you let mw know if it is fine for my brother to sponsor my mother in law’s B2 ?
  3. If my brother or me are sponsoring my mother in law’s B2, can you let me know what are the documents that need to be provided by my brother to my mother In law to be furnished at the US consulate during interview and at port of entry in US.
  4. If my mother in law gets a VISA sponsored by my brother who stays in Bay area, can she visit New York on a pleasure trip ? Or is it that she can only visit California ?

It would greatly help if I can get clarification on the above.

Why does she need to travel so soon? You have just arrived. It seems odd that she would be invited by other than a family member. It will be unrealistic that he is paying for her trip. You will have to be noted on her application.

Once she is in the US, she can go anywhere. She cannot work illegally.

oh ok. Thanks for the response. There is a requirement for my mother in law to come to US along with my wife who is coming to NY on her L1 shortly. So we had thought if my MIL gets her B2 through me or my brother she can accompany my wife when they travel. How long should I be here before I can safely sponsor my MIL's visa. Any other suggestions ?

oh ok. Thanks for the response. There is a requirement for my mother in law to come to US along with my wife who is coming to NY on her L1 shortly. So we had thought if my MIL gets her B2 through me or my brother she can accompany my wife when they travel. How long should I be here before I can safely sponsor my MIL's visa. Any other suggestions ?

Their is nothing called sponsoring visiting visa. All she needs is to convince vo that she has strong ties back at her home country....

Thanks for the response. So I understand that my MIL needs to provide documentation that she would need to come back to US. So can she put my name and address and show my details as the person she would be visiting and staying with etc. Also I am in California and ultimately she needs to travel to New York.

Thanks for the response. So I understand that my MIL needs to provide documentation that she would need to come back to US. So can she put my name and address and show my details as the person she would be visiting and staying with etc. Also I am in California and ultimately she needs to travel to New York.

That's should be fine. No problem.

oh ok. Thanks for the response. There is a requirement for my mother in law to come to US along with my wife

Why is there a "requirement"? What is that "requirement", that "need"?

There apparently is something you are not telling us.

Right, perhaps because its none of your business.

It "is" my business because without knowing that, the OP's question can not be answered.

There is NEVER a requirement for a visitor to visit.

May I suggest that you educate yourself about the US immigration law? Thank you.

Right, perhaps because its none of your business.

You obviously think that it is better that the OP's mother gets denied entry because of this "requirement", rather than clearing things up here before the travel starts.

In other words, it seems you want to harm the OP and his mother, by having them go through the unpleasant experience of getting denied entry and being sent back.

You should actually live up to your handle, and be rational. Then you would find that my question was absolutely legitimate and in the OP's best interest.

Archived