Parent's visitor visa rejected twice

casablanca2010

Hi,

We had applied for my wife's parents twice from Mumbai Consulate (they are from Ahmedabad) and got rejected. Both times, they got a blue slip saying "No sufficient economical, financial or social ties demonstrated". More details as below:

First time (2012)- I was on H1 and my wife was on H4. I was the sponsoror and had sent in all my documents and invitation letters etc. The cover letter to the consulate was the standard one taken from templates available on one of the immigration forums. 

Second time (2013)- Both my wife and I were on H1B, but since my wife had recently got employed then, I was the sponsoror and had sent the usual sponsor documents as well as my wife's h1b related documents as well. Result- rejected. 

My father-in-law has a business of his own, mother-in-law is a homemaker. My wife's only sibling (brother) is out of India too. They had visited him last year i.e 2013 for a month or so. After that they went to Mumbai consulate for interview and got rejected.

The problem we see here is that the officer never asked them for any documents like house papers, business related. Just asked them few basic questions- purpose of your visit, what does your daughter do, where does your son live etc. 

Is there a way we can highlight this in a cover letter or in some other way so that they get more chance to show their financial documents to the officer? Generally DS-160 form has questions pertaining to income etc about the applicant. Is there a specific range here related to this which makes the officer decide to reject the visa whatsoever?

Appreciate any information and advice on this.

Thanks!

Both times, they got a blue slip saying "No sufficient economical, financial or social ties demonstrated". More details as below:

First time (2012)- I was on H1 and my wife was on H4. I was the sponsoror and had sent in all my documents and invitation letters etc.

Second time (2013)- I was the sponsoror and had sent the usual sponsor documents as well as my wife's h1b related documents as well. Result- rejected. 

Do you understand the problem now?? You said you sponsored the trip and vo says "they" have no sufficient funds.

For visiting visa, they have to show strong ties and enough money for the trip.

Archived