Document registered by a civil authority needed for Citizenship Interview


Recommended Posts

I applied for US Citizenship through my marriage to a U.S. Citizen. While waiting for my interview date, I got a notice from U.S.C.I.S. stating that I need to bring the following documents to my interview – Documents to show the termination of all previous marriages registered by a civil authority. I have the original divorce decree issued by the Family court from my state in India from my previous marriage to an Indian citizen. How do I register the divorce decree document by a civil authority? I have an endorsement in my Indian passport by the Indian Consulate General in the US that “Consequent to Divorce the name of the spouse of the holder entered at the last page of this passport may be treated as deleted”. Will that endorsement be enough to show during the interview that my previous marriage has been terminated?

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.