H1B Eligibility for Diploma Holder (10+2+3) with 9+ years IT Experience

VivekMenon

Hello Sir / Madam,

I am sure that similar questions has been answered several times in this forum.
I would like to know about my eligibility for getting H1B Visa. After finishing my plus two (10 + 2), I have completed 3 years polytechnic diploma in Computer Engineering (by state board of Technical Education).  I have 9+ years experience in IT and my current company is ready to offer a position in US.

Could you please advise me whether I am eligibile for applying for H1B Visa with my 15 years education and 9+ years experience in IT or not. If I am eligible can you please suggest if there are any special things I need to take care while applying for H1B.

Thanks in Advance
Vivek Menon

Hello Sir / Madam,

I am sure that similar questions has been answered several times in this forum.

I would like to know about my eligibility for getting H1B Visa. After finishing my plus two (10 + 2), I have completed 3 years polytechnic diploma in Computer Engineering (by state board of Technical Education).  I have 9+ years experience in IT and my current company is ready to offer a position in US.

Could you please advise me whether I am eligibile for applying for H1B Visa with my 15 years education and 9+ years experience in IT or not. If I am eligible can you please suggest if there are any special things I need to take care while applying for H1B.

Thanks in Advance

Vivek Menon

You need a minimum of 4 years bachelor's degree in related field or 12 years of work experience to apply for H1B.

You need a minimum of 4 years bachelor's degree in related field or 12 years of work experience to apply for H1B.

Thanks for the response.

But I have read somewhere that the three year diploma in India will be treated as 1 year for US bachelor's degree and three year experience in IT as one year of bachelor's degree.

As I have three year diploma (means one year US degree) and 9+ years experince (Means three years of bachelor's degree), can it be calculated as four year bachelor's degree.

Thanks

Vivek

Archived