Transit visa needed at Singapore Airport during layover?

swethaJ

I am looking to travel to India with Singapore airlines. I got my H-1b approved Oct 2013 and going to get my visa stamped in India during this visit. I have a 7 hour transit at SIN airport and Do I need a transit visa? If yes, how do I get it?

I do not think you need a transit visa in Singapore if you are planning to stay at airport.

I am looking to travel to India with Singapore airlines. I got my H-1b approved Oct 2013 and going to get my visa stamped in India during this visit. I have a 7 hour transit at SIN airport and Do I need a transit visa? If yes, how do I get it?

If you are staying inside the airport you do not need any visa. If you plan to go outside you can get a transit visa on arrival. We just went to India via Singapore just few months ago and we got the transit visa on arrival to go outside. I don't think the rules have changed since then but you can check with the airlines.

If you are staying inside the airport you do not need any visa. If you plan to go outside you can get a transit visa on arrival. We just went to India via Singapore just few months ago and we got the transit visa on arrival to go outside. I don't think the rules have changed since then but you can check with the airlines.

I believe that is an entry visa and not a transit visa.

Archived