Visa approved verbally but CEAC shows Administrative Processing

niyochat

Hello,

At chennai, Visa officer said my visa is approved and gave that white pamphlet. I was all excited till I checked the pasport status. Passport tracking says "Its still with the post". CEAC application status shows "Admin Processing". I am totally confused by contradictory status. I was never issued any other color form by VO.

Has someone gone through this situation and what this means. I am paying for hotel and its expensive. Need to know how long it will take to plan rest of vacation (hope it stays that way).. Its disturbing as I read for some it took weeks. What are they trying to do here?

Any inputs much appreciated.

Hello,

At chennai, Visa officer said my visa is approved and gave that white pamphlet. I was all excited till I checked the pasport status. Passport tracking says "Its still with the post". CEAC application status shows "Admin Processing". I am totally confused by contradictory status. I was never issued any other color form by VO.

Has someone gone through this situation and what this means. I am paying for hotel and its expensive. Need to know how long it will take to plan rest of vacation (hope it stays that way).. Its disturbing as I read for some it took weeks. What are they trying to do here?

Any inputs much appreciated.

When was your interview? If it was a day or two back it normally updates as administrative processing followed by issued.

Since how many days you are waiting for the passport? what was the date of your interview?

I am not sure about the Chennai embassy but I went to Canada last month for stamping. Even though my visa was approved they did name verification or background check and finally I got the passport after 3 weeks. 

It showed Admin Proc for me on the day of my interview...I was asked to collect my passport the next day at 2...I went to the consulate and got my stamped passport..then I checked the status again it shows issued...Then I figured out it is the process of printing of ur Visa and preparing ur passport for dispatch is called as Admin proc in my case.

Archived