H4 to H1 COS without paystubs

kattu786

Hi,

I am currently on H4.Recently an employer has filed cap-exempt H1 petition for me but the attorney didn't ask for my spouse paystubs .I have two queries :- 

1) Can this lead to an RFE (asking for a valid status proof)

2) Once the COS is approved , is it mandatory for me to join on the same day or as per the 30/60 rule, can i join with in 60 days ?  

Hi,

I am currently on H4.Recently an employer has filed cap-exempt H1 petition for me but the attorney didn't ask for my spouse paystubs .I have two queries :- 

1) Can this lead to an RFE (asking for a valid status proof)

2) Once the COS is approved , is it mandatory for me to join on the same day or as per the 30/60 rule, can i join with in 60 days ?  

1. You need pay stubs only if your previous status is work status, not when you are in H4

Pay stubs are required in the case of H1b to H1b extension only. Once the COS is approved, its your burden to maintain your H1b from the date of approval/ h1b start date. Maintaining means working your sponsoring employer and getting paid every pay cycle. 

1. Why your spouse's pay stubs when H1B is filed for you?

2. 60 days, if your employer agrees.

My view was that a COS is only granted when I have been maintaining status in US.A couple of years back when I did a L1-H1 COS paystubs were required.Since my status is dependent on spouse , I thought they would verify her status via paystubs.

Archived