H1B Transfer and Travel

anu2015

I am working for academic institution A with a valid H1B stamping till February 2015. I will be working with academic institution A till August 19th 2014. However I will join academic institution B from August 20th 2014. Academic institution B is applying for my H1B transfer through permium processing with a start date of August 20th 2014. Hopefully I should be getting my i797 approval in next few weeks.

1) Can I travel to India after I receive my new i797 approval notice? I plan to travel in July and I start working with ney employed on August 20th.
2) Which i797 approval notice should I travel with? The one with employer A or Employer B?
3) Will I need to get a new visa stamping if I travel in end of July 2014 ( I have stamping till Feb 2015 sponsored by employer A).

4) What date should be there in i94 when I enter USA - the date on previous i797 or new i797?

Thanks a lot.

Thanks for this reply.

Just wnted to make sure ---

I will be working with employer A till August 19th but traveling in July and new i797 with employer B will come before I travel. I should be using the new i797 even though I will be working for employer A for few more weeks after coming back?

Thanks for this reply.

Just wnted to make sure ---

I will be working with employer A till August 19th but traveling in July and new i797 with employer B will come before I travel. I should be using the new i797 even though I will be working for employer A for few more weeks after coming back?

If you intend to work for employer A for few weeks after your return to US you need to show that I797 at POE. Later you can always move to employer B as long as they have not revoked your H1B petition

Archived