H1B worker Passport renewal in USA

Sumit_ddn

Hi ,

I am working on H1B visa in US and my passport is getting expired in another 8-9 months so I need to apply for re-issue. I found most of the stuff from BLF site but have following doubts if anyone can help

1. As my passport will be issued here which address it will have Indian address like old passport or US address where I am currently residing.

2. Old passport doesnt have my wife name , so i need to present them notarised copy of marriage certificate and notarised copy of wife passport. Can I get these notarised in Indian if yes how ? as my wife is currently in India will not be back for 4-5 month and I need to applly now so that it is not delayed.

If anyone has applied please let me know your feedback.

Thanks in advance!!!

Hi ,

I am working on H1B visa in US and my passport is getting expired in another 8-9 months so I need to apply for re-issue. I found most of the stuff from BLF site but have following doubts if anyone can help

1. As my passport will be issued here which address it will have Indian address like old passport or US address where I am currently residing.

2. Old passport doesnt have my wife name , so i need to present them notarised copy of marriage certificate and notarised copy of wife passport. Can I get these notarised in Indian if yes how ? as my wife is currently in India will not be back for 4-5 month and I need to applly now so that it is not delayed.

If anyone has applied please let me know your feedback.

Thanks in advance!!!

1. I got my permanent address in India when I renewed my passport with Indian Consulate, Chicago in 2011.

2. Yes, get from your wife a copy of relevant documents notarized in India. Your wife has to approach a notary with original marriage certificate and passport and get the copy notarized.

Archived