Renewing Indian Passport from SFO and adding wife's name same time

bhalc

Sorry folks, may be this is not a right place to ask this question, but I am desperate to get an answer. 

I am trying to renew my passport from SFO consulate and same time I want to add my wife's name to it. Here is the issue. There is a requirement of sending notarized copy of wife's passport but 

1. My wife is currently in India, so I don’t have her original passport with me. As she is in India, please let me know what is the acceptable form of document I can provide. I do have her passport photocopy. 
2. I reside in CA state, most of the Notary agency are refusing me to notarized my passport copy. Can I use “copy certification by document custodian” to full fill the passport copy? 

Thanks

I have done this earlier and got my wife's passport notarized in US consulate. I don't think they will accept indian local notaries.

Passport is issued by Republic of India and OP is renewing his passport through Indian Consulate, SFO and so why would they not accept documents attested by Indian notary?

In regards to my wife' passport notary - Can i sign in front of local notary stating that "I certify that the above is a true copy of the original document." Please note she is in India right now.

Can I submit such notarized document to add my wife's name to my passport while renewing my passport?

Please let me know.

Thanks

In regards to my wife' passport notary - Can i sign in front of local notary stating that "I certify that the above is a true copy of the original document." Please note she is in India right now.

Can I submit such notarized document to add my wife's name to my passport while renewing my passport?

Please let me know.

Thanks

Unfortunately you cannot certify like that as you are not qualified to do so. What you are suggesting is self-attestation. As far as I know it does not exist in US (I might be wrong). 

Hello Friends, 

I live in CA too. 

Most of the notaries refused to notarized immigration documents. 

They will not notarize the copy, but can notarize your signature.. So all I had to do was write the sentence "I declare that this is a true and exact copy of the I-797 Approval Notice", sign it in front of the notary, and have him notarize my signature. 

Please please let me know if anyone got their passport renewed without any delays by doing above? 

Please let me know. 

Thanks.

Hello Friends, 

I live in CA too. 

Most of the notaries refused to notarized immigration documents. 

They will not notarize the copy, but can notarize your signature.. So all I had to do was write the sentence "I declare that this is a true and exact copy of the I-797 Approval Notice", sign it in front of the notary, and have him notarize my signature. 

Please please let me know if anyone got their passport renewed without any delays by doing above? 

Please let me know. 

Thanks.

Did you try any notary from a bank like Wells Fargo?

Archived