Termination of Job after filing H1B petition

rajpatel123

Hi,

I am on OPT and filed my H1-B petition this year. I received a RFE for my H1-B petition. My employer does not want to respond to the RFE as well as do not want to get into any legal binding in hiring me and came up with a trivial excuse and terminated my job. I have not received my termination letter in writing yet. However, my employer is asking me the required information to inform change of employment status to USCIS and LCA. As most of us do with small companies, I paid the fees to the USCIS and the lawyer. It would be appreciated if you could please let me know how I should go about this issue. My OPT is valid until end of August 2014.

Also, I would like to know if I can go in to legal procedure for the unethical business practices by the company.

Thanks,

Raj

Hi,

I am on OPT and filed my H1-B petition this year. I received a RFE for my H1-B petition. My employer does not want to respond to the RFE as well as do not want to get into any legal binding in hiring me and came up with a trivial excuse and terminated my job. I have not received my termination letter in writing yet. However, my employer is asking me the required information to inform change of employment status to USCIS and LCA. As most of us do with small companies, I paid the fees to the USCIS and the lawyer. It would be appreciated if you could please let me know how I should go about this issue. My OPT is valid until end of August 2014.

Also, I would like to know if I can go in to legal procedure for the unethical business practices by the company.

Then why did you paid the fee??? Seriously, you deserve this.

Contact an attorney for help, of course you need to spend money here.

YOU did not file for H1B. An employer filed on your behalf.

You admit on a public forum that you tried to buy a visa. While the paying attorney is OK, the payment of most other fees is not. You should complain about his practices but in doing so, you are also in trouble for BUYING AN H1B.

No, most people do not violate US immigration laws by paying fees that are not permitted to be paid by the employee.

Your H1B for this coming year should NOT be approved and you need to be packing to go home or to another country where violation of immigration rules is acceptable conduct.

Archived