J1 Extension denied

rchanda

I'm at the end of my J1 Visa and my waiver is approved but I got sick for one month, so I  applied for one month J1 extension to finish my course but the department of state denied the J1 Extension, since my waiver was approved already, can anyone suggest what can I do in this situation, Thank you

I'm at the end of my J1 Visa and my waiver is approved but I got sick for one month, so I  applied for one month J1 extension to finish my course but the department of state denied the J1 Extension, since my waiver was approved already, can anyone suggest what can I do in this situation, Thank you

Once you get a J1 waiver, your Ds2019 cannot be extended any further (after it expires)-it is a rule.

Why did you apply for a waiver in the first place? Were you planning for H1B? Please give more details so that others can give some suggestion.

I do not think you can apply for J1 after getting a waiver approved. An option is to move to H1B or to a dependent status based on your spouse. Or else you have 1 month grace period to wind up your things here. 

Archived