waiver and H1B transition

AJS_CS

Dear Friends

I am in the 3rd stage of NORI. I have to get the case number from DOS and i have to go to Indian Consulate at Houston.

My question is once we received  the USCIS I-797 notice (Waiver Approval-the final step), immediately we have to go for H1B or we can stay in J1 to complete the J1 period (i want to complete the J1 before conveting into H1B).

Kindly advise.

Thanks

Dear Friends

I am in the 3rd stage of NORI. I have to get the case number from DOS and i have to go to Indian Consulate at Houston.

My question is once we received  the USCIS I-797 notice (Waiver Approval-the final step), immediately we have to go for H1B or we can stay in J1 to complete the J1 period (i want to complete the J1 before conveting into H1B).

Kindly advise.

Thanks

You can stay in J1 till the expiry date of your latest DS2019. After that you can move to H1B.

Dear Friends

Kindly advise.

Thanks

You can stay on J1 till your dates on DS2019 have not expired. You can convert to H1B once your DS2019 has expired. Hope this helps.

Archived