J1 waiver and promotion in the new job

queenstar

I was in J1 visa as a postdoctoral researcher and I got my J1 waiver approved. I have one year left out of 5 year in my J1. I will be promoted a research associate in the same lab wth h1b visa. Sonce H1b visa takes long time to get approved (paperwork and approval), I was thinking about accepting the new postion in J1 visa itself and then change to H1B whenver it gets approved.

Does anybody know that changing postion tiltle in J1 visa , will result in need of another waiver?

Thanks

I was in J1 visa as a postdoctoral researcher and I got my J1 waiver approved. I have one year left out of 5 year in my J1. I will be promoted a research associate in the same lab wth h1b visa. Sonce H1b visa takes long time to get approved (paperwork and approval), I was thinking about accepting the new postion in J1 visa itself and then change to H1B whenver it gets approved.

Does anybody know that changing postion tiltle in J1 visa , will result in need of another waiver?

Thanks

What is the expiry date of your current DS2019? 15 calendar days to get H1B approval by PP.

The expiry date of your current DS2019 is June 2015. I have enough time to get h1b approval. Typically it takes months for our departmetn to prepare h1b paperwork. So I have to wait to be in new position. Therefore I am thinking of accepting new position in J1 itself before the approval of H1B.

The expiry date of your current DS2019 is June 2015. I have enough time to get h1b approval. Typically it takes months for our departmetn to prepare h1b paperwork. So I have to wait to be in new position. Therefore I am thinking of accepting new position in J1 itself before the approval of H1B.

I believe it should be possible to be an RA on J1. And, the J1 waiver you obtained is enough.

Archived