trespassing with 3 yr prob n Employment

RaNaAlaps

Hi All,

Here is my story. Hope u guys show me right path to choose after reading the below...

I was convicted of Infraction for shoplifting in 2007. I had worked for sometime and quit my job due to personel problems.  Unfortunately I was caught shoplifting again 4 months back i.e, in 2014 and charged Misdemeanor petty theft in San Diego ,CA . My lawyer represented me and the deal that he got us is either to accept misdemeanor petty theft charges with 1 year probation (the same charge) or Trespassing with 3 year probation. By the way I am US citizen. My concern is for Employment purposes which option would b better for me. if I take Trespassing I can only expunge it after 3 years as the probation time is 3 years. If I would keep the same charge that I initially got which is Petty Theft Misdemeanor I can expunge it after 1 year but a Theft conviction on the record for next 1 year would keep my job offers down. Please throw some light on Trespassing 3yr  probation Conviction. would that be better deal for me in the given scenario?? what should I choose?? I might start applying for jobs in next couple of months.

Any kinda of Info on this and help is well appreciated.

Thank you All for reading...

My concern Is abt Employement oppurtunities. For immigration purposes I should not  be having any problems as I am US citizen.

Pls let me kno 'What will an employer think about Trespassing Conviction'? What should I accept Misdo 1yr probation or Tress 3 yr Prob?

I work in Software/IT side.

Did anyone get job in IT with these convictions?

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely not.  I think his total record is one traffic ticket for speeding less than 10 miles over speed limit on the freeway.  However, his employer required complete checks for both criminal and credit before extending an offer.

In my state getting all of the criminal offenses and seeing the court documents is trivial for anyone.  If your friends or dates wanted to check up on you, they could do so easily.

Archived