Trip outside US after applying for naturalization

rajkarora

Sure.

Be aware, though, that they tend to schedule fingerprinting and interview at pretty short notice, so make sure there is somebody at your home who can open your mail and be prepared to change travel plans on short notice.

Do they send email updates or case status updates online when they schedule biometric / interview etc

Don't know if they do that nowadays. They didn't during my naturalization process a couple years back. In fact, the online status showed "not available" as soon as the file got sent to the local USCIS office. And it stayed that way until long after the oath ceremony...

Don't know if they do that nowadays. They didn't during my naturalization process a couple years back. In fact, the online status showed "not available" as soon as the file got sent to the local USCIS office. And it stayed that way until long after the oath ceremony...

I know they do both email and text for biometric. However, the update does not indicate the date and time of the appointment. Perhaps one can call USCIS to get details of the appointment. Don't yet know if interview gets the email/text.

Archived