F2 to F1 through Change of Status

sarahabisha

Hi

I am on F2 Visa, I applied for masters as an International student. Now I need to get F1.

I applied online through USCIS on May 20th, and my status is initial review.

1. Any idea how long it will take to get " Change of status from F2 to F1".

2. Are there any other steps in between initial review and final decision, As I uploaded evrything online. They have yet not asked me for original documents.

3. And if it gets denied, would I be able to stay in US on my current F2 Status??

• 2 weeks later...

hi sarahabisha,

I also applied for F2 to F1 status change. waiting for the decision. I applied on  june 18th. till now I haven't received any update. Its in initial review(optimized) status. What about yours?..pls let me if you have any update on your application. My application sent to vermont center and given average case decision time is 2.5 month.

Thanks,

Priya

I got my status change approved. Here are the details:

Filed on : 24th April 2104

Optimized: 15th May 2014

Approved on : 26th July 2014

Received approval notice(797A ) : 31st July 

All the best you guys :)

I got my status change approved. Here are the details:

Filed on : 24th April 2104

Optimized: 15th May 2014

Approved on : 26th July 2014

Received approval notice(797A ) : 31st July 

All the best you guys :)

Wow congrats finally you got it.. I'm waiting for mine still....I applied on June 18th 2014...I should report by Aug 25th I'm so worried whether I get my visa on time or not...

I applied on May 20th and still in initial review for F2toF1

My classes will start on Spetember 2nd while orientation is on August 20th.

I dont know if I will get it in time or not

I am following diffrent forums and it looks like they are processing cases of August 9-10.

We can call them to expedite the process on help line but they usually say you have to wait for the completion of 2.5 months. When you call after 2.5 months they say current processing time is 3 months. You have to wait for that

let us see

Archived