H1 B transfer - Still on OPT

Navd

Hi,

My H1b visa got approved with company X and starts on oct 1, meanwhile i am on OPT till (ends in Dec, 2014). Now, I have a offer from company Y, which wants me to join full-time soon. They want to file for my H1 B transfer under premium processing. 

1. Can I transfer my H1b visa from company X to Y before Oct 1 and join company Y?

2. If I accept the offer from Y, when can I start working for them? do I need to wait till my H1B gets approved from Y or can join them on OPT itself?

Also . I do not hold any contarct with company X.

Appreciate suggestions

Thank you.

Hi,

My H1b visa got approved with company X and starts on oct 1, meanwhile i am on OPT till (ends in Dec, 2014). Now, I have a offer from company Y, which wants me to join full-time soon. They want to file for my H1 B transfer under premium processing. 

1. Can I transfer my H1b visa from company X to Y before Oct 1 and join company Y?

2. If I accept the offer from Y, when can I start working for them? do I need to wait till my H1B gets approved from Y or can join them on OPT itself?

Also . I do not hold any contarct with company X.

Appreciate suggestions

Thank you.

1. Yes.

2. You need to wait for H1B approval. Since it is premium processing you will know the outcome in 15 calendar days.

Archived