Second F-1 visa stamping possible?? (First F-1 was for bachelors, now for Master's)

rahul251

Hi Everyone,

My question is regarding second F-1 visa stamping, is it possible?? If yes can we go to Canada or we have to go to India (home country) ?? Chances of approval??

Background: My fiance finished her undergrad from California state Univ. in Business administration, got her OPT, started working, her employer sponsored her H1-B, got rejected. She took admission (Major: Engineering Management) in school for her Master's and started working again on full-time CPT, again her employer sponsored her H1-B but unfortunately didn't make it to the lottery this time.    

Now we want to get married in India, her previous F-1 visa (5 yrs) is expired so she has to go for second F-1 visa stamping. We are scared, what can possibly happen?? We don't want to miss out on school as well on Job. 

Please advice and help us. Your suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks. 

got her OPT, started working, her employer sponsored her H1-B, got rejected. She took admission (Major: Engineering Management) in school for her Master's and started working again on full-time CPT, again her employer sponsored her H1-B but unfortunately didn't make it to the lottery this time.    

We don't want to miss out on school as well on Job.

It's clear that your fiance is abusing F1 status to full extent. On F1 you cannot work full time, F1 is for students to go to school. Not to work Full time. I think her chances for getting F1 visa and H1 in future are very less.

She killed her career by abusing F1.

Hi All, 

Thank you all your reply..! I appreciate that.

Please advice: 

School allows you to work on CPT, I have seen my friends did that, they were in really good schools. So, I am confused how it can wrong. One of my friend from California State Univ, she also worked full-time on CPT before graduating. If it is illegal how can good school allow the same. Please suggest.

My fiance is also about to graduate, this is her second last semester. Engineering Management program consists of courses from both Management side and Engineering side (Very basic one's).

Please let me know if it is still not right. Also, please suggest what can be done now.

Going for stamping in Canada or India is a good idea?? Please help.

Thanks again. 

Hi All, 

Please advice: 

School allows you to work on CPT, I have seen my friends did that, they were in really good schools. So, I am confused how it can wrong. One of my friend from California State Univ, she also worked full-time on CPT before graduating. If it is illegal how can good school allow the same. Please suggest.

My fiance is also about to graduate, this is her second last semester. Engineering Management program consists of courses from both Management side and Engineering side (Very basic one's).

Please let me know if it is still not right. Also, please suggest what can be done now.

Thanks again. 

Full time CPT is illegal. She needs to be attending classes during CPT. Probably the school DSO is not aware of that.

Hi All, 

Please advice: 

Thanks again. 

CPT is not illegal, every school issues CPT. But that all depends on what kind of work you do.

Let me guess

1. she started working immediately after joining school??

2. Her CPT work and H1 job are one and same

Thanks for your response again..!!

There are mostly evening classes during weekdays and weekend classes. Attendance is 85% compulsory, so she is regular at school. Since most of her classes are evening classes, so she is able to work as well. Her school is an accredited school.

I didn't get the question, "CPT work and H1 job are same", can you please explain?

She started working after her first semester.

Please let me know what should be our steps for visa stamping, is Canada an option or we should go to India? 

Thanks.

There are mostly evening classes during weekdays and weekend classes. Attendance is 85% compulsory, so she is regular at school. Since most of her classes are evening classes, so she is able to work as well. Her school is an accredited school.

I didn't get the question, "CPT work and H1 job are same", can you please explain?

Please let me know what should be our steps for visa stamping, is Canada an option or we should go to India? 

Thanks.

Ahh, that's this one particular fraud "school" in San Jose then, the one with a three-letter abbreviation.

No real university has just evening and weekend classes.

That institution will eventually get raided by ICE, just like the other two frauds in that area, TVU and *******.

She will have lots and lots of problems later on. People from that fraud institution get RFEs left and right.

That working on CPT is abuse of CPT, and it will kill her future career in the US.

People need to stay away from such frauds.

NO real university offers CPT from day one. Only frauds like that institution do.

Thanks.

Her current employer (CPT) and H1 employer were one and same??

Thanks.

Evening classes are fine, but weekend classes, that's weird. Professors won't work 7 days a week.

Evening classes are fine, but weekend classes, that's weird. Professors won't work 7 days a week.

There is only one rather shady institution that does this kind of stuff, one with a three-letter acronym in San Jose.

No real university does this, and nobody flies in every weekend from some out-of-state CPT to attend classes. This fraud just pretends to have these weekend classes, so that it looks ok to somebody not looking closely. ICE looks closely...

People confuse CPT and pre-completion OPT.

I still question ENGINEERING management with basic engineering courses. No decent engineering firm would hire someone as an engineering manager who does not meet the prerequisites for engineering licensure. What engineer wants to work for a person who could not do their job. Engineers in industry and academia must have the oversight of a registered professional engineer in most states and to do most typical engineering activities. Some activities can be done only by a PE.

Weekend and many evening classes are taught by adjuncts rather than full time faculty. No quality university would offer a program where most or all courses in the program are by adjuncts. At the graduate level especially, the credentials of the prof is important.

Your fiance is wasting her time and money.

(PS Many Cal State schools do not get top rankings.)

Weekend and many evening classes are taught by adjuncts rather than full time faculty. No quality university would offer a program where most or all courses in the program are by adjuncts.

Of course, no quality university does that stuff.

There is only the one not yet raided fraud university in the Bay Area, their abbreviation staring with I and ending with U, with a middle letter of T, which offers this kind of stuff. This forum doesn't allow posting the full name, and the lawyers of that fraud answer everything with "but we are accredited now", as if that would excuse CPT violations (hint for their lawyers, since they are have shown themselves to be clueless: it doesn't.)

This, btw, is where some "representative" from that particular fraud university tried to answer posts about their abuse of CPT with "but we are accredited", which of course was not disputed, but is orthogonal to CPT abuse (that "representative" probably doesn't even know what "orthogonal" means):

http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/72604-work-permit-from-university/

That particular institution continues to be a fraud, and will eventually get raided by ICE.

People need to stay away from such frauds.

Archived