Education On H4 & Conversion Of H4 to F1


Recommended Posts



I have questions regarding education of spouse in USA on H4 Visa, My wife will be here on H4 in next 6 months and i am on H1, i have few questions


1. What is the admission process for H4 (i mean about the financial assistance documentation that we provide for the college to get admission, do we need to show bank balance in USA for that or we can show balance in indian accounts also)

2. Will she be eligible for in-state tuition fees since she is on H4 (but i saw fee forums where they say they need to stay atleast 1 year on H4 to get in-state tuition fees)

3. Can we convert H4 to F1 during the course work, if yes then will the courses that she studied be valid after she will be on F1, also will she be able to get OPT after graduation.

4. Can we apply for I539 (change of status to F1) while she is in India. (so by the time she come here she can be able to study with out wasting time if we dont get in-state waiver)

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.