L1B to F1 COS

vijayitanand

I am on a L1B visa which is going to max out on Aug 29 2014. I have planned to do my Master's and have applied to several Universities. It will take at least this month end to get an I-20 from any one of the Universities.

My classes will start on Sep 3rd 2014 and orientation will begin on Aug 25 2014. Here are my questions:

- Do I have adequate time to apply for COS when I receive my I-20 say end of June?

- If I apply for COS, even though my COS application is pending, will I be able to register for  and  attend classes.

- While applying COS, can I apply L2 to F2 COS for my wife? She is with me on a L2 visa and currently in USA. 

Thanks.

I am on a L1B visa which is going to max out on Aug 29 2014. I have planned to do my Master's and have applied to several Universities. It will take at least this month end to get an I-20 from any one of the Universities.

My classes will start on Sep 3rd 2014 and orientation will begin on Aug 25 2014. Here are my questions:

- Do I have adequate time to apply for COS when I receive my I-20 say end of June?

- If I apply for COS, even though my COS application is pending, will I be able to register for  and  attend classes.

- While applying COS, can I apply L2 to F2 COS for my wife? She is with me on a L2 visa and currently in USA. 

Thanks.

1. No.

3. Yes.

COS is reporting to take longer than you have. Exit for stamping.  You do know that you will be eligible for only the remainder of 6 years less  your L1 time in H1B until you exit the US for a year and go through the quots.

Archived