Cross Chargeability


Recommended Posts


I am extremely confused with Cross Chargeability and would be greatful if someone could help me. My fiance is on EAD and has a PD of May 2007 in EB3 category. I would be getting married to him soon but since I have masters and will be on EB2 category after my H1b. Also,I am also born in UAE ( I believe it has a current PD)... Can I interfile with him and if so, would he benefit from both my EB2 status and country of birth , thereby making both our cases current PD or if I get added to his application then he would only benefit from my country of birth and not the EB2 status ??

There is so much confusion that I am hoping if someone can clarify.

Thank You.

Link to comment

Cross-chargeability can be used so that an I-485 can benefit from his/her spouse's country of birth. Generally, a person is chargeable to his/her country of birth. But a person can also be charged to his/her spouse's country to birth, as long as they are applying for the immigrant visa or adjustment of status together.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.