Re: Gap between OPT start date and first job.

stamp13

Hi..

My Opt started in Aug 2010 but i got my first job in Feb 2011. I have employment letter with start date Feb 2011. My H1 started in Oct 2011 and I have all the pay stubs till now.

I have a gap of almost 6 months from the time of OPT start date to till i got first job. What chances that VO can ask about this gap and how should I answer it?

Thank you in advance for your valuable suggestions.

Hi..

My Opt started in Aug 2010 but i got my first job in Feb 2011. I have employment letter with start date Feb 2011. My H1 started in Oct 2011 and I have all the pay stubs till now.

I have a gap of almost 6 months from the time of OPT start date to till i got first job. What chances that VO can ask about this gap and how should I answer it?

Thank you in advance for your valuable suggestions.

TRUTH should be your answer.

with that said that you got job after 6 month gap technically you are out of status .... since on OPT you can not stay more than 90 days unemployed.... so truth should be answer but truth can create problem as well as your change of status should not be approved but now it is already approved ... you should show some voluntarily  unpaid job that you did in college or somewhere during that 6 month and yes you need proof as well however this is wrong option but may save you....

with that said that you got job after 6 month gap technically you are out of status .... since on OPT you can not stay more than 90 days unemployed.... so truth should be answer but truth can create problem as well as your change of status should not be approved but now it is already approved ... you should show some voluntarily  unpaid job that you did in college or somewhere during that 6 month and yes you need proof as well however this is wrong option but may save you....

It won't save him, if he got caught during the interview for submitting fake employment details he will be banned from entering into US forever. Are you ready to take this blame??

Archived