Visiting India on H4 after H1B approval

h1_exempt

Hello Guys,

I am presently on H4 (visa stamped) and have H-1B approved for this year. I am planning to travel to India in the next couple of months and be back in the month of September. Can I visit India on H4 and return back to the USA on H4 visa.

Will there be any issues with this as I have an approved H-1B? As the H-1B starts from October 1st and my COS will happen on that date is it valid to travel on H4 before October 1st. I have heard different views about this so wanted to check with the guys here. Could you please suggest? Thank you.

Hello Guys,

I am presently on H4 (visa stamped) and have H-1B approved for this year. I am planning to travel to India in the next couple of months and be back in the month of September. Can I visit India on H4 and return back to the USA on H4 visa.

Will there be any issues with this as I have an approved H-1B? As the H-1B starts from October 1st and my COS will happen on that date is it valid to travel on H4 before October 1st. I have heard different views about this so wanted to check with the guys here. Could you please suggest? Thank you.

Since your COS to H1B is approved you can enter with a valid H4 visa and move to H1B status from oct 1st. No issue.

http://www.murthy.com/2013/04/08/h1b-transition-issues-international-travel/

Archived