F1 Transfer - Need Advice ASAP

skaranam

Hello,

I have a question regarding F1 transfer from one to another university. I am doing my MS in Virginia. The semester starts in July. I have another university in mind one in Seattle, WA. The semester starts from September. So if apply for transfer and if i got approved and receive my i20 from seattle university in July, will i be in F1 status until semester starts in SEP. Will it be any status issue. Please let me know if i need to ask any more details in University.

Thanks for your time

--

SK

Hello,

I have a question regarding F1 transfer from one to another university. I am doing my MS in Virginia. The semester starts in July. I have another university in mind one in Seattle, WA. The semester starts from September. So if apply for transfer and if i got approved and receive my i20 from seattle university in July, will i be in F1 status until semester starts in SEP. Will it be any status issue. Please let me know if i need to ask any more details in University.

Thanks for your time

--

SK

Transferring from one university to the other should not cause status issues. But since you are in Master's program, you may not be able to transfer all your courses from university in Virgina to university in Seattle-- you need to check with requirements in university in Seattle as well as apply to the university and talk with ISO to consult the transfer process.

Archived