H4 to F1 while H4 extension filed, spouse 140 approved?

rani357

I am planning to start Masters this fall. My H4 renewal is currently under progress. My question is, should i wait for H4 extension to approve before filing COS or it doesn't really matter? What is the usual processing time for H4 to F1?

Also, my spouse 140 is approved (which shows our intention to immigrate). How likely is it to get F1 approval which is a non-immigrant visa?

Please advise.

Thanks

I am planning to start Masters this fall. My H4 renewal is currently under progress. My question is, should i wait for H4 extension to approve before filing COS or it doesn't really matter? What is the usual processing time for H4 to F1?

Also, my spouse 140 is approved (which shows our intention to immigrate). How likely is it to get F1 approval which is a non-immigrant visa?

Please advise.

Thanks

Your spouse I-140 approval has nothing to do with you. COS from H4 to F1 would likely take 3 to 4 months.

Thank you jairichi and t75.. if we plan for F1 stamping, do you see a problem in re-entering with existing h4 if for any reason f1 processing delays (admin processing, denial or anything??)

No, as long as you have all documents and you can convince VO the need to study on F1 rather than on H4 your F1 stamping should be smooth. If denied you can enter US with your valid H4 visa.

Archived