Do I need new invitation letter as case was under 221(g)

sonalipendse123

I appeared for a visa interview at Mumbai Consulate on 14th May 2014 for B1/B2 type to attend conference at Tampa, Florida between 1st June-6th June 2014.

I was given green letter stating your visa application is pending until you submit following documents:
1) An invitation letter from the US conference organizers
2) A word document which includes RESUME, RESEARCH DETAILS, CURRENT JOB TITLE, PURPOSE OF VISIT, ITINERARY, NAME OF THE PERSON FUNDING YOUR TRIP, TRAVEL DATES and LOCATION 

Accordingly I sent above documents through mail on 16th May 2014. Yesterday, that is 4th June 2014, I received mail saying administrative processing of your case is complete. Submit your passport at drop-off locations along with the documents asked in 221 (g) letter.

My query is if I submit the conference invitation, the conference will get over by 6th of June means tomorrow. They may say your conference is over now and we cannot issue a visa for this conference or submit a new invitation letter for another conference.

Because I had applied for B1/B2 in 2008, it was put under 221(g), exactly in 3 weeks i was asked to appear for an interview again and I was given visa with Annotation
stating the Name of conference, location and dates.

If for such type of visas they put annotation with dates, this time my dates are 1-6th June and by the time I submit tmrw, conference will be over.

Kindly help. I am eagerly awaiting your reply at the earliest.

Submit it even though the conference is over; it will likely be for a period of time which will allow you to attend another conference without reapplying. (The same thing happened to a friend of mine. He used his visa to accept an invitation to attend a tour of major US companies as their guests on very short notice.)

Archived