Appointment Dates in Canada US Embassy?

Sid_OptExtension

All of sudden appointment dates in any Canada US Embassy are showing 4 months booked.  It wasn't like at least one month back. I was able to easily find within 30 days.

http://screencast.com/t/cbs4FUx1X

Question:

1) Anybody has any ideas about this strange pattern or what's happening here with respect to Canada US Embassy Appointments?

2) I have paid the visa fees and is there away I can get refund so I can look in Jamaica.

AILA Practice Alert advises that U.S. Consulates in Canada are temporarily suspending third country national (TCN) processing during the peak demand period of June, July, and August 2014. TCN applicants with appointments already scheduled at a post in Canada during these months will not be affected. Emergency cases may seek consideration for scheduling an interview at a consulate in Canada by visiting 

http://www.********.com/****************

Third Country Nationals may be unable to schedule nonimmigrant visa appointments at U.S. consulates and embassies throughout Canada this summer.

U.S. consular posts in Canada have temporarily suspended nonimmigrant visa processing for Third Country Nationals (TCNs) during June, July, and August because of staffing issues. In this context, “TCN” refers to any non-Canadian national applying for a U.S. nonimmigrant visa in Canada. The status of TCN visa application processing in Canada is as follows:

• The only posts with remaining availability during the month of September are Calgary and Vancouver.
  • The Toronto and Ottawa posts are currently scheduling visa appointments in October and do not plan to release any earlier appointments during the summer months.
  • Applicants whose appointments have already been scheduled during the summer months will not be affected.
  • Applicants who reside in Canada with Canadian immigration status will also not be affected.

The Ottawa post may assist in scheduling appointments for applicants who hold senior or executive positions with their U.S. employers.

I was also searching for an appointment in the month of July/August and this is how i found one. I kept checking the website constantly from June 12th Noon till Evening around 8 PM and i was able to see many that opened up. But keep in mind, they get booked really really fast. Few dates i found were Oct 7th, Sep 16, Sep 19, June 19. Finally i found one this morning for July 24. But, you got to keep navigating back and forth so the pages keep refreshing to see the latest dates. Good Luck!

I was also searching for an appointment in the month of July/August and this is how i found one. I kept checking the website constantly from June 12th Noon till Evening around 8 PM and i was able to see many that opened up. But keep in mind, they get booked really really fast. Few dates i found were Oct 7th, Sep 16, Sep 19, June 19. Finally i found one this morning for July 24. But, you got to keep navigating back and forth so the pages keep refreshing to see the latest dates. Good Luck!

Hello rtye,

Which consulate did you book for?

Archived