Travel to India when I have three months left on my F1 visa

tanmayee

Hi,

I am on my OPT-STEM which will end in October. However, I applied for a h1 visa and did not get picked in the lottery. I am applying for a university that can provide me CPT in the  first year of Masters itself. 

My F1 visa on the passport expires on June 2015. I need to travel to India sometime between January 2015 to April 2015. My questions are:

1) If I have a valid i 20 at that point of time, do I need to get an F1 stamping done provided that there are only three months left?

2) What are the chances of rejection for dual masters F1 visa?(first MS in Computer Science and second MS in Engineering Management)

Hi,

I am on my OPT-STEM which will end in October. However, I applied for a h1 visa and did not get picked in the lottery. I am applying for a university that can provide me CPT in the  first year of Masters itself. 

My F1 visa on the passport expires on June 2015. I need to travel to India sometime between January 2015 to April 2015. My questions are:

1) If I have a valid i 20 at that point of time, do I need to get an F1 stamping done provided that there are only three months left?

2) What are the chances of rejection for dual masters F1 visa?(first MS in Computer Science and second MS in Engineering Management)

If the CPT is illegal and not an integral part of your curriculum then it looks like you are planning to end your career in US. Check well before you do CPT.

1. Better to go for stamping.

2. Based on documents and your ability to convince VO of your intention.

Hi,

If you are REALLY interested in going to school then join some public university. Forget about this CPT or joining in some diploma mill just to stay in US. If not you have to forget US forever.

The university offers a CPT as an integral part of the curriculum and it is not illegal. I will be pursuing a job in a related field that is related to my major in that university. Also the university is accredited by Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)

The university offers a CPT as an integral part of the curriculum and it is not illegal. I will be pursuing a job in a related field that is related to my major in that university. Also the university is accredited by Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)

It is not illegal to work in CPT. It all depends on what kind of work you do in CPT.

CPT work should be part of your F1 program, not just related to your major. You can't work as FT on CPT and you need to go to school while you are working on CPT.

By reading your first post its clear that you are planning to work as FTE in CPT. Do not go in this path.

Archived