**Transfer of H1 to a Startup Company**

srinivas_2006

Eagerly looking for your expert feedback and suggestions from the Attorneys and all members.

**Transfer of H1 to a Startup Company**

1. I am the employee of ABC corp since August 2013. I joined this company as I am GC holder.  

2.-ABC corp ( S type corp) (IT consulting and Software Development) was registered in July 2012 and since, August 2013, company has started to get revenues through my payroll (1 employee).  

3. Company ABC Corp has an full time position currently.  One of my friends has the skills matching the position. and is looking for H1 transfer to this new Startup company - ABC corp.

I have following questions.

Q1. Can company ABC Corp hire my friend and get the H1 transferred;  

Q2. One of my colleagues, told that the ABC corp should have revenues of atleast $400,000 in order to have the USCIS to approve the H1B transfer. Otherwise, it would be rejected. Is it true;  Are there any other ways, this could be handled. as for startups, to reach $400,000 turnover would take some time;

Eagerly looking for your expert feedback and suggestions from the Attorneys and all members.

Let your friend ask his own questions. MYOB. If the company wants to know, they should inquire of their attorney.

Companies should recruit USCs and LPRs as well as just give jobs to H1B friends of current employees. All job searchs should be honest and open.

The company would have to be able to pay the salary of the person.

There is no fixed revenue number. Anybody claiming that is clueless, sorry to be so blunt.

A new company would have to show venture capital, a business plan, or long-term contracts as indications that they are able to pay the salary.

And quite frankly, it is unlikely that a fly-by-night, 1-person consulting company would get an H1 approved. There is obviously no venture capital (VCs don't fund consulting companies), and there doesn't seem to be a business plan nor big contracts, either.

Archived