PIMS Update Process time

pradeep456

Hi,

My H1B amendment petition got approved 29/May/2014 ,I was hearing before we go stamping PIMS has to be update please let me know the below questions i wanted to go for stamping in the end of july.,

1) How long it takes to update the PIMS with my new petition information?

2)IS their any link where i can make sure PIMS updated before i go stamping?

Thanks for advance help

Hi Pradeep456,

1. Usually it takes 4 weeks from the date of approval to get into the PIMS, but there are instances for whatever reason it may not make it through in the said time. My suggestion for your case, get your approved petition package scanned at a USCIS facility, so the electronic copies can be forwarded to Kentucky Consular Center for uploading into PIMS.

2. The only way to verify PIMS is updated, is at the time you go for US embassy stamping. Neither can you, the lawyer or your employer can verify it. Unless something has changed from the time my response is posted on the forum.

I told you the above based on my personal experience, company lawyers advise, reading multiple forum posts on murthy forum and lookup on the net. I had my H1B change of status approved on 02/11/14 and went to the US consulate in Kuwait for visa stamp on 06/01/14. My company lawyer did send duplicate copy of my I129 to Kentucky Consular Center, but I still got, "Not found in PIMS" during my appointment. I know for a fact that I am stuck here for 7-10 calendar days. But my good fortune, I am staying with my own family so I can distract myself by helping my dad with his business.

Lastly, if you have time, lookup "Recommendations regarding USCIS role in the petition information management service" it's dated May 16, 2012 but it has relevant information regarding PIMS. I wish you the best!!

Hi Pradeep456,

1. Usually it takes 4 weeks from the date of approval to get into the PIMS, but there are instances for whatever reason it may not make it through in the said time. My suggestion for your case, get your approved petition package scanned at a USCIS facility, so the electronic copies can be forwarded to Kentucky Consular Center for uploading into PIMS.

2. The only way to verify PIMS is updated, is at the time you go for US embassy stamping. Neither can you, the lawyer or your employer can verify it. Unless something has changed from the time my response is posted on the forum.

I told you the above based on my personal experience, company lawyers advise, reading multiple forum posts on murthy forum and lookup on the net. I had my H1B change of status approved on 02/11/14 and went to the US consulate in Kuwait for visa stamp on 06/01/14. My company lawyer did send duplicate copy of my I129 to Kentucky Consular Center, but I still got, "Not found in PIMS" during my appointment. I know for a fact that I am stuck here for 7-10 calendar days. But my good fortune, I am staying with my own family so I can distract myself by helping my dad with his business.

Lastly, if you have time, lookup "Recommendations regarding USCIS role in the petition information management service" it's dated May 16, 2012 but it has relevant information regarding PIMS. I wish you the best!!

Hi,

It was great information and really helpful thanks for sharing and i also looked at "Recommendations regarding USCIS role in the petition information management service" its clearly more understandble sharing the key points here for others

Since the implementation of PIMS, stakeholders have reported that DOS has refused or delayed visa issuance to 

some eligible nonimmigrant worker beneficiaries because required petition information was not found in PIMS. 
It is USCIS policy not to forward a petition package to the DOS Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) when the 
petitioner fails to submit a duplicate package with the original submission. This failure to transmit information 
causes delays in the issuance of nonimmigrant visas because DOS cannot verify the action taken on a petition 
through PIMS. As a result, many individuals and employers experience increased travel expenses, additional 
relocation costs, and possible economic losses due to a beneficiary’s inability to begin employment in the United 
States. Similarly, the government incurs increased costs when resources and officer time must be dedicated to the 
rescheduling of interviews and PIMS work-around procedures. 

The Office of the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman (Ombudsman’s Office) makes the following 
three recommendations to USCIS in the processing of an approved Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant 
Worker: 

1) Instruct USCIS service centers to make a copy of the Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant 
Worker, submission (petition package) regardless of whether a duplicate petition package has been 
submitted with the filing, and send it to the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) for uploading into 
PIMS; or, 
 Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman Recommendation to the Director of USCIS
2) Send the original petition package to the KCC, for scanning of documents, data entry , and – upon 
completion – forward the original petition package to the USCIS National Records Center for 
storage; or, 

3) Scan all approved petition packages at a USCIS facility, so electronic copies can be forwarded to the 
KCC for uploading into PIMS. 

BACKGROUND 

USCIS accepts, reviews, and adjudicates petitions for nonimmigrant status. DOS receives, reviews, and 
adjudicates visa applications filed by individuals abroad. In order to obtain most employment-based 
nonimmigrant visas, an individual must be the beneficiary of a nonimmigrant petition approved by USCIS.
  • 1 year later...

Hi Pradeep456,

I also ended up suffering a similar consequence in Dubai U.S Consulate. Can you tell me how long did it take for your process to complete ? It been almost 10 calendar days for me.

Archived