COS to F1 approved. Going to India for stamping with just 1 more semester left. What are the chances for getting it approved?

SreedeviSrinivasan

I got my COS approved from H4 to F1 during the start of my course and I have completed 3 semesters of my studies in the US. I have been pursuing an on-campus job for the last 2 semesters. Now, I have to visit my parents in India and so, I need to get my F1 stamped. I have only one more semester left for my course completion. What are the chances for getting it approved? Also, what should I answer for "Why do you need COS to F1 while you can study in H4?"

Thanks in advance.

I got my COS approved from H4 to F1 during the start of my course and I have completed 3 semesters of my studies in the US. I have been pursuing an on-campus job for the last 2 semesters. Now, I have to visit my parents in India and so, I need to get my F1 stamped. I have only one more semester left for my course completion. What are the chances for getting it approved? Also, what should I answer for "Why do you need COS to F1 while you can study in H4?"

Thanks in advance.

Should not be an issue as long as you have all documents. You should know the reason why you need a F1 visa and not a H4. Answer them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I got my F1 approved! 

The interview went on smooth and simple with a very few questions.

Why did you choose this university?

When are you planning graduate?

Where is your husband working? Is it in the same state as your university?

Have you made plans for OPT?

Thank you all for your guidance. 

Good to know things went smoothly and you got your F1 visa. Thanks for the update.

Archived