Name Change in India

Hello Sir/Madam, i have been through procedure for name change in Official Gazette of India after which i had my passport issued with my new name.I got married recently and my spouse is working in USA and its been 2 years since he had applied for green card.The issue is with my birth certificate and educational documents which bear my old name.

We are not sure whether Official Gazette of India is legally accepted in USA too.Can Gazette copy be used as an supporting document in USA too?? Or is it necessary to change my name in my other documents too?? It would be very helpful to me if details are provided w.r.t the same.

Kindly suggest.

Thanks in advance.

• 3 months later...

Gazette notification is the documentation which is produced by the government, it should be  needed that all the documents should be attached along with any application. And if you are already effected by the name change process then you must be having the copy of it, this copy of gazette should be attached with your application which help in proving yourself that you had changed your name officially.

Archived