H1B getting over. Can I stay an additional month on Visitor Visa?

unpaidemployee

Hi

I am a dependent spouse (H4) on my husband's H1B. His H1B is getting over and he is planning to leave the US but I would like to extend my stay in the US by another month. Is applying for a visitor visa an option? If not, any other suggestions?

A couple of details that might help:

• I have been living in the US since 2005. I was on H1B and when that got over, I moved over to H4 last year. 
  • My child was born a few days ago and I do not want him to travel for 8~12 weeks and/or until his paperwork has been processed. 

Any help will be appreciated. 

Thank you in advance

Hi

I am a dependent spouse (H4) on my husband's H1B. His H1B is getting over and he is planning to leave the US but I would like to extend my stay in the US by another month. Is applying for a visitor visa an option? If not, any other suggestions?

A couple of details that might help:

• I have been living in the US since 2005. I was on H1B and when that got over, I moved over to H4 last year. 
  • My child was born a few days ago and I do not want him to travel for 8~12 weeks and/or until his paperwork has been processed. 

Any help will be appreciated. 

Thank you in advance

Yes, you can apply for COS to B2. Actually it takes 5 days to get a US passport through National Passport Agency, 2 weeks to get SSN and max 6 weeks to get a PIO card.

Thank you all for your quick response. Following your recommendation, I went online and found that I can even submit the form online. 

One follow up question if I may: Would you suggest I need legal help to process/file the COS or is it something I can/should do by myself? The initial quotes I am getting cite over $1,000 in legal fees (excluding $290 for the form). 

Thank you all for your quick response. Following your recommendation, I went online and found that I can even submit the form online. 

One follow up question if I may: Would you suggest I need legal help to process/file the COS or is it something I can/should do by myself? The initial quotes I am getting cite over $1,000 in legal fees (excluding $290 for the form). 

You can do it by yourself as it is a simple application form. $1000 is too, too much in my opinion.

Archived