H1B Transfer Procedure

sam0412

Hi,

I got my H1B around August'13 (last year) and since then I have been working with the same company who sponsored the Visa. I haven't got my visa stamped from my home country yet (as this is my first time getting H1B). Now I am planning to step out of the company due to personal reasons and looking for a new one. 

Here are my queries:

1. What is the procedure for H1B transfer and how much time it would take (in CA State)?
  2. Once I get a new job, do I need to provide any documents (ex. new company offer letter or so) to my current/old company who initially sponsored by H1B ? If so, what should I share and what not?
  3. What all precautions / necessary steps I should take before leaving the current company?

I really appreciate a quick response as I am in final conversations with my current company and I do not have much time. Please help !

PS. I tried searching for necessary information but couldn't find much. So had to create a new post.

Hi,

I got my H1B around August'13 (last year) and since then I have been working with the same company who sponsored the Visa. I haven't got my visa stamped from my home country yet (as this is my first time getting H1B). Now I am planning to step out of the company due to personal reasons and looking for a new one. 

Here are my queries:

1. What is the procedure for H1B transfer and how much time it would take (in CA State)?
  2. Once I get a new job, do I need to provide any documents (ex. new company offer letter or so) to my current/old company who initially sponsored by H1B ? If so, what should I share and what not?
  3. What all precautions / necessary steps I should take before leaving the current company?

I really appreciate a quick response as I am in final conversations with my current company and I do not have much time. Please help !

PS. I tried searching for necessary information but couldn't find much. So had to create a new post.

1. New employer files a cap exempt H1B petition. 3 to 4 months by regular processing and 15 days by premium processing.

2. I797, recent pay stubs and any other documents requested by attorney.

3. Do not join new employer before H1B approval.

Archived