I applied for my sister and two nieces in 2012 and got rejected, want to apply again?

ankitrshah

Hi

I applied for my Sister and two nieces in Aug 2012 and they all got rejected.

Here is more detail.

My sister is 33 year old, Married and has two daughter (age: 6year & 10year) in year 2012.

My brother-in-low owns Business “Market Share and finance firm” in India and my sister is helping him, they  earning good and all business running on my sister’s name, paying all taxes and everything.

I only applied for my sister and two nieces, not for my brother-in-law just to prove the strong ties in India.

I invited them to spend summer in USA and have some quality time with me (2 month during Diwali vacation), so I had good reason that kids has Diwali vacation so everybody will go back as soon as school start.

• I was taking responsibility for travel and other expenses
  • I was on H1b that time and GC in process through my wife (My wife had GC that time)

Not seeing any reason why they got rejected.

I want to apply again next month.

Situation change:

1.  Now I have Green card and my wife is Citizen.
  2. We are having Baby shower in Jun 2014.
  3. My sister recently  bought new house in India

My Question:

1. Should I still stick with my sister and two nieces? Or add my brother-in-low with family? Or try any other combination?
  2. Should I show my sister is sponsoring/ taking care of all expenses?
  3. Should we declare Baby shower occasion and Visitor purpose OR keep it simple just, visitor purpose

Any help or advice on this would be appreciated!

Hi

I applied for my Sister and two nieces in Aug 2012 and they all got rejected.

Here is more detail.

My sister is 33 year old, Married and has two daughter (age: 6year & 10year) in year 2012.

My brother-in-low owns Business “Market Share and finance firm” in India and my sister is helping him, they  earning good and all business running on my sister’s name, paying all taxes and everything.

I only applied for my sister and two nieces, not for my brother-in-law just to prove the strong ties in India.

I invited them to spend summer in USA and have some quality time with me (2 month during Diwali vacation), so I had good reason that kids has Diwali vacation so everybody will go back as soon as school start.

• I was taking responsibility for travel and other expenses
  • I was on H1b that time and GC in process through my wife (My wife had GC that time)

Not seeing any reason why they got rejected.

I want to apply again next month.

Situation change:

1.  Now I have Green card and my wife is Citizen.
  2. We are having Baby shower in Jun 2014.
  3. My sister recently  bought new house in India

My Question:

1. Should I still stick with my sister and two nieces? Or add my brother-in-low with family? Or try any other combination?
  2. Should I show my sister is sponsoring/ taking care of all expenses?
  3. Should we declare Baby shower occasion and Visitor purpose OR keep it simple just, visitor purpose

Any help or advice on this would be appreciated!

VO knows that there is no 2 month vacation for school during Diwali.

Let your sis and her family apply with their own credentials as there is no sponsorship involved for visitor visa.

Let get this straight…

***Confusion 1)

My sister applying for Visitor visa with her two daughters….

Question here) should she apply with her spouse or not?(Not applying/ not travelling with her spouse, would it be consider as ‘enough ties’ in home country?  

***Confusion 2)

In DS160, under information about “Person/Entity paying for your trip”, she is adding “Other Person” – and giving my information on it.

Question here) do you think it’s ok, or she should take responsibility by herself?

(As per previous responses, I am leaning toward, taking responsibility by her-self, I believe)

***Confusion 3)

My Sister is going to mansion ‘Baby shower’ in her visit purpose, and I am adding that reason in my invitation letter

@ Question 3) could ‘Baby Shower’ create positive approach for Visa in Immigration Officer’s mind or it’s just an opposite?

Expecting very straight answer if you are confident on it.

A short visit for a special event is certainly a reasonable request. My extended family received short time limit visa for a wedding and later one was denied; since that time when there were not repeated requests, they received 10 year term.

Archived