University of Phoenix: Any success story?

Hi all,

I have a 3 year BSc Biology deg from India with around 10 years US experience. As such I am not eligible for EB2. My priority date in EB3 category is 2008.

I was planning to do MIS (Master's in Information Systems) from UoP. My assumption is that once I complete my Masters, I will be able to file/convert to EB2 (provided the job requirments match).

Do you know of anybody doing the same? What is the success rate? Is this a viable option?

Thanks!

Worker11, thank you for you word of advice. Shall keep it in mind.

It would be great if someone could throw some light on my actual question on if UoP MIS with my 3 year indian science bachelor's degree will help me convert my eb3 to eb2 (provide the employer has a eb2 requirment).

If your education is the ONLY thing keeping you from getting into EB2, then yes, it will help. Are there much-much better ways to get a degree and into EB2? Undoubtedly yes. I agree with Worker11 that this degree will be a black mark on your resume. I also noticed that when people are trying to get immigration benefit at the expense of their career, it usually backfires.

I think you should transfer your credit based on your B.Sc & attend BS here for remaining credit. In most cases it will be 1 or 1.5 years to get BS degree here. Once you've BS degree then you can port it to EB2 based on BS(4 years) + more than 5 years of experience.

Moreover, your employer's job posting requirement should need that BS + More than 5 years otherwise you can not port.

• 1 year later...

Archived