RFE

H12014

I applied for a H1 B visa this April and luckily my application got picked and I was given a receipt number. But, I got an RFE asking for many proofs and my employer doesn't take the RFE seriously and I doubt he would be able to furnish an appropriate response to the RFE. I would like to know if it is possible for me to change my employer now and have the new employer file for a H1 B visa by sending new set of documentation for the receipt number from my original application without responding to the RFE?

I applied for a H1 B visa this April and luckily my application got picked and I was given a receipt number. But, I got an RFE asking for many proofs and my employer doesn't take the RFE seriously and I doubt he would be able to furnish an appropriate response to the RFE. I would like to know if it is possible for me to change my employer now and have the new employer file for a H1 B visa by sending new set of documentation for the receipt number from my original application without responding to the RFE?

No that's not possible. You cannot transfer without H1 approval.

So next time, find a real employer.

No, you cannot change employer at this stage. Employer has to respons to RFE. If employer does not respond your H1B application will be denied and you need to find an employer to apply next April.

Archived