Calgary stamping: Hotel and Loomis recommendations

makinola

Hi,

I'm due for H1b stamping in July with wife and baby. If you had good experiences, can you suggest a hotel near the consulate? I would rather not rent a car, just take a taxi to and fro the airport and walk everywhere else. Do you think this is a good idea? 

Also, what loomis branch did you use? 

hi makinola : there are many hotels in calgary close to us consulate office... I had opted for Best western suit plus which is 8 min from consulate office, there is Holiday inn, hyaat...  BWSP and holiday inn are very close to Calgary transit (8th street and 7th ave station stop)... one good things is that calgary transit is free of cost in downtown.. so you just need to go to transit station which is max 2-4 min walk and then then just 3 stops to the City hall stop.... 

Also, calgary airport has "Allied Shuttle service" which drops you to the downtown hotels($ 15 CAD per person)... 

Hope you fine this info useful... good luck for your visa interview...

Dear folks please share inputs as how well in advance you guys were able to book the interview dates.

I am trying to book for end of June or early July and the dates are not available. A default 100 plus dates across all locations is what being displayed. 

Regards,

Sukhdev 

Archived