H1B Approved.

newhorizons

We have returned to India in 2010. My H1 expired. Even though my Wife has couple of years left on her H1, she also came back with me. In February one of the employer again applied for her H1 and got the approval. She got her H1 visa stamped at Chennai Consulate last month and she is planning to travel next month. One of the employers has filed for a new H1 for me. I have a Masters in USA. It got picked in the lottery and couple of days back it was approved.

I am planning to go for H4 stamping this month. Plan is my Wife will travel next month and I will take my kid and join her in couple of months.

Is there a risk of going for H4 stamping. As my H1 is already approved, can I start working from October 1st, without coming back to India for stamping.

Earliest reply would enable me to plan better.

We have returned to India in 2010. My H1 expired. Even though my Wife has couple of years left on her H1, she also came back with me. In February one of the employer again applied for her H1 and got the approval. She got her H1 visa stamped at Chennai Consulate last month and she is planning to travel next month. One of the employers has filed for a new H1 for me. I have a Masters in USA. It got picked in the lottery and couple of days back it was approved.

I am planning to go for H4 stamping this month. Plan is my Wife will travel next month and I will take my kid and join her in couple of months.

Is there a risk of going for H4 stamping. As my H1 is already approved, can I start working from October 1st, without coming back to India for stamping.

Earliest reply would enable me to plan better.

No risk in entering on H4. To work on H1B you need to exit and enter US with a valid H1B visa and I797.

Archived